Thursday, December 15, 2011

Old Friends and Exciting Opportunities

Just a couple weeks ago I was given the opportunity to surprise Victor Ibrahim by picking him up from boarding school. Some of you may remember Victor, whom we befriended in 2008-2009 and have sponsored ever since. Victor was excited to see me and found it humorous that I was driving him around Jos. It was encouraging to see that Victor was looking healthy and to hear how well he is doing in school.
Since our little reunion I have been with Threadstone going back and forth between Lagos and Abuja. The band is beginning to really take off in the Nigerian music industry. Recently we played a show called "Industry Night" at the Oriental Hotel in Lagos. All of the major artists, radio stations, and producers were present for the show, which made it a critical show or the band, and we nailed it! People accepted the idea of Christian rock music for a secular audience with open arms, and since then things have begun to pick up for the band. This past weekend we were called to Abuja by the top rated radio station in the city for a radio interview and a big event called "Praise Jam."
I would also like to apologize for the lack of posts and the lack of detail within the posts. The only internet I have access to is the internet on my blackberry phone. I will do my best to start posting more often to include more details.
Thanks for all your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment