Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Busy As A Bee

It's hard to believe that I have aleady been here for two and a half weeks! Time is flying by mostly because I have been staying busy with work. Each day I have one or two practices to run between the two or three teams I am involved with. Also, we are working on organizing a soccer camp that will begin on October 21st. Working out logistics such as food, transportation, bedding, and supplies is a tedious process. I am looking forward to spending time with these boys and seeing how a Nigerian camp is run. Some exciting news for me: I am the camp photographer. Before I left the states I made sure to get a camera so I could document my time here, but I was also interested in getting into photography, so I bought a nicer camera than I normally would have. Photography has turned into a hobby for me, so I am really excited to be able to incorporate it into my job. I was told today that we are tentatively planning on attending an international Sports Friends meeting in Thailand in January. Please be praying for the Nigerian men I work with because they have much paperwork to take care of before they can go, for our safety as a group, and also the trip will cost a fair amount of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment